Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Catching up and a Day of Beauty!!

I can't believe it has been so long since I have blogged.  I have been so looking forward to this week off with my family and school has kept me super busy as well, and sadly time has just gotten away from me.  

Now that my Thanksgiving break is finally here we are enjoying our time together as a family and the first thing we did was take family pictures :) Daniel was so thrilled!!  HA!  His lovely sister was so sweet to take them for us and they turned out great.  Here is a preview...don't want to share them all because we are using them for our Christmas card!!
Did you notice the "H" I'm holding??  I love it and so does Daniel :)  It is so important to us to include Hadley's memory in everything we can.  Even though she is not here we are a family of 4 and we wanted that shown in our pictures.  So thankful to my sis-in-law for taking such great pictures!!  Can't wait to share the rest with you!!

Monday we had a fun day planned for Miss B!!  1st on the agenda was her VERY FIRST haircut.  I know that is crazy since she is 2.5 but her Daddy has been very apprehensive about getting it cut even after reassuring him that cutting it makes it grow longer and healthier.  He finally agreed and I'm so glad we did it.  It looks so much healthier and no split ends (not that she had that many)!!  Here are some pictures from her haircut...
 I didn't get an after picture because she was so worried about getting her treasure box prize they offered her.  It was the cutest place called "Pigtails and Crewcuts" and we will definitely be going back!!  I didn't even have to ask for a little clip of her hair...the lady already had a small baggie for me with her hair in it at the end.  It's already in her baby book :)

Our next stop was something I have been VERY apprehensive about for a long time.  Daniel has been begging me to get her ears pierced.  He wanted to do it when she was itty bitty and I said NO WAY.  I wanted to wait until she was 4 or 5, could ask for them, and understand the responsibility of taking care of them/cleaning them.  So we compromised and settled on 2.5!!  It's all about compromise right?!?!  Here is our little sweetie after her haircut sitting in the chair picking out earrings.
The next few pictures you can see how my face is getting worried, more worried, and pretty much scared to death at the end!! 

Marking her ears...

 She looks so happy and I look like I'm about to have an anxiety attack!!

 "Daddy what did you get me into?"

:( So sad!!!!
 Mommy practicing cleaning them...I can't even handle that little tear!!  Breaks my heart!!

 Lolly's make everything better!!

Now a few pictures to show them off...she was completely over it by now and loved them!!  
 Those lips, eyes, and cheeks kill me!!  I keep telling her Daddy we are in big trouble!!

Getting primped and poked is exhausting...every girl needs her beauty sleep!!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!  Can't wait for yummy food and spending time with loved ones!!

In Christ's Love,

3 comments:

Lj82 said...

I love the H for Hadley, and your girl is so sweet. :)

Sara said...

I noticed the H right away... I always try to include Samuel in some way in our pictures too... It just doesn't feel right if I don't. Praying for you you all... Happy Thanksgiving... Great family picture by the way!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came across your post about having your dd's ears pierced at this age.

I think you're a smart mommy for considering having your dd's ears pierced now. I had similar anguish when I was considering whether or not to pierce my dd's as an infant. Sounds like you were in the same quandry with wondering to do it early or not.

She encouraged me to go ahead when mommy could care for them.

Our Ped gae gave me some " Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced since she had so many moms ask about having their infants and little girls ears pierced.

I know cerebrally, as mothers of girls of all ages, we know it celebrates their femaleness and femininity. After all, they are little girls, right?

Promise she'll thank you later for the "gift of pierced ears" as an infant and will look adorable in her upcoming holiday pictures.

If any other moms would like any of our ped’s tips for piercing, then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail. They include OTC meds to minimize any discomfort as well as how to find the most experienced person to pierce her ears.


amyswor@hotmail.com