Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Honoring Hadley with a Name Gallery

Daniel and I went back and forth on what names we liked when we found out we were pregnant.  I found Hadley's name while searching online and immediately fell in love with it.  Once we found out we were having a girl we knew right away she would be our sweet Hadley.  


I love what her name means...

It's orgin is Old English and it means "Heather Meadow" and the meaning of Heather is a purple and pink flower.  Perfect for our Hadley, a beautiful purple and pink flower in a meadow.  When we picked her name I didn't realize how well it fit with Briley's.  Briley's means "Noble and Strong Meadow."  I love that both of their names have something to do with a meadow and they couldn't fit them more perfectly.

We have been talking about ways we want to honor Hadley and I found this idea on another blog.  The great thing is I need YOU and many others to help me!!


We want to start a Name Gallery for Hadley.  What is a name gallery you ask?  Well here are some pictures to help you understand...


We would love for you to think of our Hadley and "write" out her name and send it to us.  Maybe you can write her name in the sand or spell it out with candy.  Maybe you have a beautiful picture that you can photoshop her name into.  The great thing about this is you can be so creative with what you do!!


Here is some misc. info about the name gallery:


-We want to do this for ONE whole year!!  So from now and until her 1st birthday in Heaven, on February 28, 2012, please send us pictures of her name.  Around the holiday's will be fun!!

-Please tell ANYONE and EVERYONE you know about this.  We would love to receive emails from strangers that are taking the time to think about our Hadley.  


-We will post all the pictures we receive monthly on our blog so you can see them as well!!

-Please feel free to copy our blog link and email out to your family and friends what we are doing or post it on your Facebook.  The more that know the more times we see her sweet name.


-Please email the pictures to melissabufe@hotmail.com or post on Melissa's Facebook wall.  Please make sure to include your name with the email.


-We will be making all of the pictures into a book that we will treasure forever.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for helping to Honor Hadley.  

I can't wait to see her name over and over again...I know I will continue to "write" her name for many years to come.


 "O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens."  Psalm 8:1


In Christ's Love,

2 comments:

Mariah said...

I have 4 ideas for Hadley's name....one of them though I am going to need help with. I need bodies! Lol.

Auntie

Carrie Hutchings said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My son Eli went to be with Jesus on August 29, 2009 and I adore the pictures people sent me of his name afterwards. I took several pictures of Hadley's name today and will send them to you soon.