Who knew a water hose could provide so much fun?? We let her have control of it and she loved soaking herself!! My favorite is the video :)
Well, so summer is almost over for me. I have two weeks left and I'm going to enjoy every minute with Daniel and Briley. I have had the BEST summer!! I am really sad to be leaving my precious little girl but I know she will be in good hands with her wonderful sitter Kristen (who has 2 girls that Briley absolutely adores) and her Daddy on the days he is home from the fire station. I wanted to update family and friends on some of the fun/new things Briley is doing at 13.5 months old and some of the memories we have made over the summer...
- Briley is now drinking all whole milk!! We still are having a hard time getting rid of our bottle, but we are working on it :)
- She absolutely LOVES Blues Clues on Nick Jr. Unfortunately Blue isn't as popular as other cartoon shows so I had to order a Blue off of Ebay and she carries him around and says, "boo".
- She loves ALL baby dolls. Her favorite is one that I bought for $3 at walmart and she carries it everywhere. Baby usually goes on car trips with us and sometimes ends up next to us in the high chair!!
- Briley has a BIG appetite...she is no longer on baby food except for a few fruits that I can't get her to eat as solids. Her favorite foods right now are: toast w/butter, strawberries, yogurt melts, ANY Italian food (ravioli, lasagna, and baked ziti are her favorites), grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, Mexican rice, and carrots.
- She loves to imitate us...Daniel will say "ahhhh" after he has a drink and she copies him. I will clap my hands and she does it. Today I was snapping and she was moving her little fingers so hard to try and do it!! So cute!!
- She loves to give hugs. She lays her head down on your shoulder and that is her hug :)
- Her favorite books right now are, Hug, where a little monkey goes around looking for a hug and finally his Mommy finds him, and Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She could have me read these books over and over again and she never gets tired of them. One of my favorite things to do is pick out books at night before we go to bed.
- She still has her "swing" time with Daddy every night and she shrieks when he opens the door because she loves going outside with him!! I also sing "Jesus Loves Briley" to her every night and she lays her sweet little head on my shoulder for the whole song every time!! Melts my heart!! I also say to her every night "Sweet dreams, God bless you, I love you, sleep tight". That is what my Mom said to me when I was little (still does sometimes) and I want to do the same for Briley Ann.
- Briley loves to play outside with Goose and Gracie...she will find their dog toys and throw it at them!! She loves when they chase after toys and they are so good with her!! She also loves to slide down her plastic slide and play with her water/sand table. She loves looking for rocks and throwing them in the water...she is a girly girl but does not mind getting dirty at all!!
- She will dance on command now. If we say "dance Briley" her little body starts a movin"!! I hope she keeps it up :)
- She loves when I sing her songs...her favorites are "The Wheels on the Bus", "Patty-cake", "If you're happy and you know it", and "Jesus loves Briley". If we are having a meltdown in the car and I start singing it works every time!!
- She is saying a few words pretty consistently- "baaa" for baby, "boo" for Blue, "ok", and "see". She also says "momma" and "dadada" when we ask her to now :)
- She is already VERY independent and will get very frustrated if she can't do something herself...my Mom said I was exactly like this at her age!! Imagine that!!
- She loves being chased around the house by her Daddy and Papa...it can become a very long game!! Papa and Daddy get pretty tired!!
- She loves family hugs!! If I give Daniel a hug she will run over to us as if she is saying "Hey what about me??" and we will squeeze her for a family hug and she laughs and giggles!!
Well, that is just a little bit of what our 13.5 month old is doing right now. Can't wait to see what she does next!!!