Saturday, June 18, 2011

Splish Splash Birthday Part 1

Well we survived the Splish & Splash Party and it was a blast!!  Briley had so much fun playing with her friends, eating cupcakes, and of course opening her birthday presents.

This first post I want to show all of the decorations and a few pictures of Briley and the next post I will add all the fun party pics!!

When I first started thinking of a birthday theme for Briley I thought about last year and how HOT it was at her 1st birthday party.  Being a June baby we can't really help the heat so I thought why not add water to the party???  I began looking online and found a lot of ideas on "Splish Splash" parties and as much as she loves the water I knew it would be perfect for her!!

**Remember you can click on each picture to see it bigger

So to start off here is the invite I created...
I love including a picture on her invite.  I always like for family and friends to be able to cut out the picture and keep it if they want!!

I slowly began collecting things when I decided on a theme and that really helped.  It was so nice to not have to buy everything all at once and I made sure to hit up sales along the way!!

Here is the food table...we had mixed fruit, apple slices, chick fil a nuggets (a kid fav), chips and dip, and a cheese and cracker tray.  

I got the beach towels and flip flop picture holders from Hobby Lobby, I figured why have a tablecloth when it is a splish splash party??  Beach towels made much more sense :)

Here is the dessert and main table...
We had cupcakes with cupcake toppers, beach ball cake pops in pails, and chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles on top!!


The cupcakes I ordered from a local bakery and the cake pops were made by a friend.  I found beach ball cake pops when I was doing my online searching and I knew we had to have them.  They were red velvet!!  YUM!!!
Didn't they turn out so cute??  I ordered the cupcake toppers and her birthday sign (you will see below) off a seller on etsy...her cupcake toppers helped me decide on the color scheme!!  I love how bright and summery everything looks!!

In the middle of the table I had a monogrammed towel rolled up that my Mom purchased last summer for her.  Perfect for the party!!  The frame I also got from Hobby Lobby when the frames were on sale of course!!
Here is the mantle decor...
We hung the beach balls with fishing wire and then just attached the balloons to them.  I loved how it turned out!!

Here was the welcome sign on the front door...
All ribbon was purchased from Hobby Lobby...only when it's on sale of course!!

In the backyard we had different stations set up for the kids to play in...of course I had to make signs to go with them!!  I had them laminated and put them on painters sticks (that I painted yellow) and stuck them in the ground.  Not sure if the kiddos noticed them but they made me happy :)
"Briley's Surfside Station"

"Briley's Tadpole Station" 
(For our baby friends!)

"Briley's Bubble Station"

"Briley Whaley Fun Swim Station"
Thank you Uncle Andrew for buying this from Pottery Barn Kids...it was her favorite!!

We also had a slip & slide for the bigger kids and a larger blow up pool that more kiddos could swim in!!

I had this out for parents in case they needed to reapply sunscreen or grab a towel!!

Last but not least here was the party favor...beach balls of course!!

I had so much fun decorating for her party.  Big thank you to my Mom for coming out Friday and helping me ALL DAY!!  Big thank you to my sister-in-law and father-in-law for coming out super early Saturday morning to get everything set up.  Last but not least HUGE thank you to my husband for getting everything set up outside and putting up with my party planning madness!!

Have to end part 1 with a few pictures of the birthday girl!!!

In Christ's Love,

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, you are amazing! I don't think you missed a single thing. The decorations are totally cute. Have you ever thought of become a party planner? Awesome job. Can't wait to see more party pictures.

Heather said...

Love it all and looks like it was SO much fun!! Beautiful decorations!!

Heather said...

You should definitely open your own party planning business! Everything was so perfect! Briley was such a cutie as always, and Landon had a great time celebrating with her! :)

Angie said...

Everything looks amazing!! I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time :)