Saturday, April 3, 2010

Getting ready for Easter!!

So...Daniel and I braved the crazy shoppers last week all looking for their Easter clothes and this is what we decided on...

Just call us the banana family.  I really was leaning towards a blue dress (to match her eyes) at baby Gap, but Daniel was set on this yellow one and in the end I really liked it too!!  Once we found her outfit we matched ours accordingly.  Isn't it funny that we had to find her's first and then buy ours???  Guess that's how it is when you have kids...I didn't mind though.  I never mind an opportunity to look for pretty dresses for Briley Ann!!

While shopping for our clothes we decided to get in line with all the other crazy parents that make their kid sit with a huge bunny that is actually pretty scary and yell and scream for them to smile...she actually did pretty good.  She cried for just a second but then was ok :)
This week we have done a lot of fun activities to get ready for Easter!!  The school I teach at now and the school I worked at last year, both were holding Easter Egg Hunts for the staff's children.  Luckily, Roanoke's was on Wednesday and Sendera's was on Thursday so we could enjoy both!!  It was so fun getting to catch up with friends at Roanoke and see all of the precious kiddos at Sendera.  Oh yea...Briley had fun too!!

Here are our pictures from Briley's 1st Easter Egg Hunt at Roanoke..
We came home and the weather was so beautiful we stayed outside a little longer for some more picture opportunities of course!!

Easter Egg Hunt at Sendera...
Briley will be a pro by Easter Sunday...we even have a Easter egg hunt at church tomorrow night!!  After our egg hunt at my school, Daniel, Briley, and I went into town so I could get my hair highlighted (finally) and Daniel went to hang out with his parents while they were waiting on me.  I had to share this picture because it is AMAZING...
Love you Nonnie and we are so proud of how strong you are!!

I also want to share one of my favorite verses to celebrate Good Friday today.  How can we even begin to comprehend what Jesus did for us...HIS love NEVER fails and he is so GOOD.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25-26

Reading that puts an amazing sense of peace in my heart.  MY REDEEMER LIVES!!!

I want to end this blog with a video of our little one...she is dancing to a cute little bunny her Uncle Scotty and Aunt Erin gave her.  Thank you Uncle Scotty and Aunt Erin, Briley loves her bunny...we have already had to replace the batteries!!  She also takes a few steps!! (Sorry it's sideways..I can't figure out how to turn it??)


I hope everyone has a blessed Easter weekend!!

Love,

The Bufe's

No comments: