Friday, April 2, 2010

Trip to the fire station, our first fever, and 9 month well check...

The end of our spring break was very busy.  On Thursday, we went with Nonnie, Auntie Mariah, and the sweet Wise family to visit Daniel at the fire station.  It had been a while since Briley and I had visited Daniel, so it was a fun trip!!  Here are a few pictures from that day...
My Auntie is the best!!

All the kiddos at the fire station :)

In her Daddy's gear

Daniel taking a picture of us from the ladder....YIKES!!  
He even asked me to climb up there with him...NO WAY!!

The next day, Briley and I were enjoying the beautiful weather by taking a ride in her wagon and just having fun playing outside on a blanket in the front yard.  

I noticed when we came inside that she felt a little warm but I thought it might be from playing outside.  I let her cool down a bit and took her temperature and it was right around 100.  I was a little nervous because this was the first time I had ever seen her temperature over 99, but I remained semi-calm until Daniel got home :)  Her temperament stayed the same Friday night but her poor temperature kept rising.  Saturday and Sunday she pretty much stayed in my arms...which was wonderful to cuddle with her all day but SO HARD seeing her sick and not feeling well.  We scheduled to get her into the doctor for Monday because her fever wasn't going away and luckily they were able to do her 9-month well check then too.  Her fever finally started to come down on Monday and the doctor looked in her mouth and found the problem...a very bad sore throat :(  We were directed to give her popsicles (which she LOVED) and just watch over her the next couple days.  Luckily, the yucky germs in her throat disappeared and by Wednesday she was back to normal eating one of her favorites...Lasagna!!



I can't believe our little girl is 9 months old!!
Here are her 9 month stats:

29' inches tall (95% percantile)
21 lbs (95% percentaile)
17 3/4' head circumference (75% percantile)

The doctor was really pleased with how she looked (except for the sore throat) and that he will see us at 12 months...WHAT?!?!?  We have a 1 year old??

It amazes me how fast she has grown...we are so lucky to be her parents!!


 Love,
 Melissa

(Next update...Easter Fun!)

1 comment:

Lacey and Rob said...

Cute pics Melissa! I cannot believe she is already 9 months old. So big and SO adorable.

BTW - you should climb the ladder..I did it and it's not that bad.....except when the ladders starts to sway in the wind :)