Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I now have a...toddler??

This past weekend we celebrated Briley's birthday with family and friends.  It was such a wonderful time and I cannot even tell you how lucky we are to have such amazing people in Briley's life that love her very much.  I will post pictures from her birthday on a later date when we get them back from the photographer...but here is one of my favorites from the day that I snapped really quick!!


Today...our little girl is 1.  It is definitely a bittersweet feeling.  It is so wonderful to watch her change and grow into the little person she is, but on the other hand where did our baby go??  I was thinking back to a year ago and how Daniel and I were so anxious the night before she was born...not necessarily about her arrival but that they would cancel on us AGAIN!!  :)  Luckily they didn't and the day she was born went so smooth and we were surrounded by a lot of family and friends and it couldn't have been a more perfect day.  She was born at 5:14 p.m. and weighed 8 lbs 9 ounces and was 20.5 inches tall.  Thinking back to the 1st time I held her I can't even describe to you the amount of love I felt for her.  I remember looking at Daniel and feeling a different kind of love for him as well...it was a deeper love.  I remember thinking at that moment that the love I am experiencing for Briley is only a fraction of how much God loves us.  That is AMAZING to me.

Here are a few pictures looking back 1 year ago...

 
Before the contractions started...see I'm still smiling :)

They have started...notice no longer looking at camera...hahaha!!

She is here :)  All the pain is not even a memory in my mind at this moment!!
I love this picture of her and Daniel....so sweet!!

 
Oh what a difference a year can make!!

When we visit the doctor on Monday for her 1 year well check I will update her length and weight and write a little about the fun things she is now doing...she has the cutest personality!!  I really think she has a great mix of Daniel and I.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings for our little cutie :) 

Love,
Melissa

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to Briley! (I thought I was late when I commented on her picture on FB yesterday.) She is so precious Melissa! I know how bittersweet it is to watch them get older...you love every stage and moment, but it just goes too fast! I hope you have the best time celebrating her! :)