Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hadlee Hope

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." -Revelation 21:5

Indeed he does make all things new...

I met Channan last year at my 2nd Mend meeting to attend.  She didn't say much that night and either did I.  I found out she lost her daughter Ainslee to SIDS on February 8, 2011.  Just 20 days before we lost Hadley.  I can't describe why I felt such a strong connection with her at that meeting, but I did.  I ended up finding her on facebook and we messaged back and forth for a few days and found out several things.  Her husband, Travis, went to the same high school as Daniel and I, we had mutual friends, we both had almost 2 years olds (then) born in June, we had the SAME doctor, and our babies where both buried at Bluebonnet not far from each other. 

From there we talked almost every week, whether by text, phone, facebook, etc.  When I was having a hard day I would text her and vice versa. 
Here we are in October at the Walk to Remember that Mend hosts every year...
With Briley and Adrian :)

This was the day she told me she was pregnant with her rainbow...

It was a few months later that she approached me with something.  We were at a MEND meeting together and she wanted to know what I thought about them using the name Hadley if they have a girl.  My first reaction was to scream YES!!  I had no hesitations about it at all, but I knew I wanted to talk to Daniel first.  I told Channan I was honored and I would talk to Daniel and let her know.  I appreciated SO MUCH that she asked us but it doesn't surprise me because that is just the way Channan is.

Daniel and I talked about it and we both knew we felt ok with it.  Though Daniel's connection to Channan isn't like mine, he understands the pain of losing a baby and what it meant to Channan and I for this baby to be named this.  When I gave Channan the official YES she said she wanted to spell it HADLEE after our Hadley and her Ainslee.  Absolutely perfect.  
Hadlee Hope...

Here we are at Hadley's 1st Birthday Celebration...of course Channan was there to support me.


6 weeks later Hadlee Hope made her beautiful debut...
Thursday, April 12th, 2012 at 8:28 am. She weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces, and was 20 1/4 inches long.  Can you believe the 28??  Hadley is always giving me signs...

Of course I had to come visit this sweet girl on her birthday.
After visiting Channan and Hadlee I went to a mend meeting that night.  On the way there I was thinking about how much glory our girls have brought to HIS name and I realized once again what a perfect plan HE has laid out for us.  I shared mine and Channan's story that night with everyone at MEND and how incredible God's love is for us.

Here is Hadlee Hope again with a blanket I had made for her :) The birds have the initials "A" and "H" in them to represent the angels Hadlee has in Heaven. 

Ainslee Ryan and Hadley D'Layne will always be a part of us.

Their beautiful namesake here on earth will keep their legacy alive forever!!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." -1 Peter 1:3 


4 comments:

Ashley Quarles said...

What a sweet story! So good that you girls have each other. And thank you for posting some pictures of Miss Hadlee Hope! I've been wondering that she looks like. She's just as beautiful as I thought she'd be!

Unknown said...

God Bless you both. I pray every day for you two and the connection you have has been something that God has giving you in a time of sorrow to show that he is right there too walking with you, holding you so very close, just as we hold our kids when their pain is consuming. Thank you for sharing this.

Ashley said...

Love this post and love you! Perfect example of God bringing beauty from our pain - He is constantly working all things out for our good and His glory (Rom. 8:28). What the enemy means to destroy us, God uses to redeem us!

Elle's mommy said...

Awesome story that only an awesome God could orchestrate! Thank you so much for sharing...you put a big smile on my face...