Friday, August 19, 2011

Catching up

So I did not succeed in my attempt to keep blogging this week.  I'm not sure what I was thinking since this is literally THE busiest week of a teacher's life!!  It has been a whirlwind of a week and my father-in-law is now in the hospital with some complications from his hernia surgery :( so needless to say life is pretty hectic and challenging right now for Daniel and I.  Prayers for him would be much appreciated.

Are we still blessed??  YOU BET.  So thankful for all the JOY that God provides for us daily!!

So I'm determined to catch up with what I wanted to blog about this week that I mentioned in this post a couple days ago.  Here is the shortened version because this Mommy/Teacher is exhausted and ready for bed :)


M.E.N.D. Walk to Remember
I am so excited to attend my first M.E.N.D. Walk to Remember on October 1st with family and friends to honor our sweet Hadley.  M.E.N.D. has been such an amazing organization for me these past 6 months and I have been blessed with the friendships I have made with other baby loss mommies.  I just ordered our shirts for the walk and I cannot wait to participate in a wonderful event to remember our precious baby girl!!  You can read more about M.E.N.D. and the walk here.

1st trip to Chuck E. Cheese
On Briley's last day of swim lessons we decided to take her to celebrate all her hard work.  If you can believe it we have never taken her to Chuck E. Cheese and we thought what a great time to go.  She had a great time eating pizza, playing/riding games, taking all of the skee balls out of one lane out and throwing them in another and refusing to get near Chuck E. Cheese!!  :) She really did have a lot of fun!!

Sister Time
A couple Monday's ago I was lucky enough to get to see The Band Perry with my sister-in-law, Mariah.  We had SO much fun hanging out just us girls and I am so thankful for the precious "sister" time we had together.  She is such a wonderful and beautiful person inside and out and I am so INCREDIBLY blessed to have her for a sister.  Briley also couldn't have a better auntie who loves her more than anything.  We plan to have a sister movie date very soon!!  Here are two pics we took with my phone when we were together the other night.

10 Year Reunion
Last Saturday night, Daniel and I attended our 10 year high school reunion.  We had SO much fun visiting with old friends and I have to admit it was so nice to get dressed up and go on an extra long date with my hubby!!  We stayed the night in a nice hotel downtown after the reunion with my best friend, Sarah and her husband Nick, who also graduated with us.  It is funny how many couples from our class ending up marrying in each other.  I joked at the reunion that we must of realized there REALLY wasn't anything better out there ;)  Here is one picture of Daniel from the reunion...I love how it turned out!!  I wonder what we will look like on our 20th?!?!

I can't wait for my much needed FAMILY filled Saturday :) 

Have a blessed weekend!!

In Christ's Love,


No comments: