Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The truth about grief...

Daniel and I received our 3rd book in the grief series from our pastor yesterday.  The title of this book is, "Finding Hope and Healing".  

I think that's a fitting title because without hope I would never heal.  I know I'm not going to heal completely on earth.  But hope does give me the reassurance that I will heal in the presence of Jesus.

I found a few quotes in the book that really stuck out to me about grief and I wanted to share them with you...

"Grief is a choppy two steps forward, one step backward experience." -Therese Rando

"Grief comes in and out like waves from the ocean.  Sometimes when you least expect it, a huge wave comes along and pulls your feet right out from under you." -Alan Wolfelt

"No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear" -C.S. Lewis

"If you're going through hell keep going." -Winston Churchill

"Tears are the silent language of grief."-Voltaire

They are very simple quotes but they are powerful.  I can put my grief in each of them.

So tonight the truth about my grief is that it's never ending here on earth.  It is always there, always changing, always hurting...

I love this quote...
I really can't think of a better way to describe hope.  

Heavenly Father, You are the only one who knows my sorrow.  My body is enveloped in pain and grief, but I know there is hope because of you.  Help me to live out that hope.  Amen

I love you Hadley D'Layne!!

In Christ's Love,

No comments: