Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Swim Lessons and Sweet Words

The past 2 weeks Briley has been in swim lessons at the YMCA near our house.  This is her first experience with swim lessons and overall she did great!!  She did not like being held by me during the lessons but if they are under 3 you have to participate in the Mommy and Me class.  By the end of the 1st week she realized that she was not going to get her way and eventually she would do as the swim instructor said.  Independent is her middle name!!  She loved singing songs, swimming after the rings and rockets we would throw, and going down the slide on the last day.  Here are a few pictures from the past two weeks...
We were very proud of how well she did and we know next year she will get even better with the 3 year old class and learning with the instructor on her own.  She loves swimming so much and we are so thankful for that!!

I have to end this post with a sweet conversation I had with her tonight and I do not want to forget it!!!

I had just finished texting with my sister-in-law on how much we miss my mother-in-law and that we can't believe we have lived without her for 7 months...

Me: "I miss Nonnie Briley."

Briley: "We can go see her Mommy."

Me: "Where Briley?"

Briley: "In the garden." (cemetery)

Me: "That's right, we can go see her in the garden."

Briley: "And Haddie (Hadley) too."

Me: "Hadley too, you are right!  Do you know where else they live?"

Briley: "Huh?"

Me: "In Heaven with Jesus."

Briley: "I love Jesus." (held her hands to her heart)


God is doing amazing things in my family.  The glory is all for HIM.

"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?"  Matthew 21:16

In Christ's Love,

1 comment:

Sara said...

She is so sweet!!