Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9

Day 9 {Special Place}

Hot Springs, AR
3 days after Hadley's memorial service we packed up our stuff and headed north to Hot Springs, AR.  We weren't sure where to go at first but when I was researching places I saw that they had just opened a MEND chapter in hot springs and I knew that was the place we should go to get away as a family.

This was the hardest and most healing trip we have ever taken as a family.  It was nice to be away and just spend time with each other.  Daniel and I had lots of long talks, we let Briley pick out silly souvenirs, we ate A LOT, we took a ton of pictures, we stayed in a more expensive hotel, we simply enjoyed being together and tried to make sense out of what had just happened to our family in the last two months.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of our special place.  
Hot Springs will forever be that place for me!!
~Melissa

1 comment:

Angie said...

You, my friend, are an amazing mom and person...I am so glad you are writing these posts! I love reading them.