Thursday, April 28, 2011

That much closer...

Today is 2 months since Hadley went home to Jesus.  

I received a card in the mail from my sweet friend Jamie this week.  Her husband lost his brother 3 years ago (he was a soldier who died fighting for us in Iraq) and she mentioned something in the note that really has brought me peace this week.  This past Saturday was 3 years for him being welcomed into Heaven and she said as they were thinking about him they couldn't help rejoicing that they were 3 years closer to being in Heaven with him.

Isn't that the truth??  

I am now 2 months closer to being in Heaven with Hadley one day.  I'm going to be honest...the next few months are going to be very hard for me.  Even thinking about her original due date in June is VERY difficult for me right now and I know I'm going to be a mess when it comes.  I know He expects this because I can't see what He sees in Heaven and I'm not holding my sweet little girl in paradise...yet.  However, I am 2 months closer to being with her in Heaven.  I'm going to keep that in the back of my mind when I'm struggling over the next couple months, year, and years to come.  I hope that brings comfort for you if you have lost someone, or maybe you can share it with someone who has.

We released 2 balloons this evening at her grave like we did last month and will continue to do until her 1st birthday.
Beautiful pink rose for our beautiful Angel!!
I love that you see Briley and then Hadley's balloons in the background...my sweet family!!
Sending a kiss to Hadley in Heaven
She didn't want to leave :)  She loves playing with her Nonnie (Daniel's Mom) and Hadley...they are buried under that beautiful tree right next to each other.


Something else happened today...


Yep, that's my hospital bracelet.  I was putting Briley's bag together this morning and my arm started to feel funny, like it was missing something, and I looked down and saw it on the bench.  I gasped when I saw it, though honestly I don't know how it lasted this long on my wrist for over 3 months.  Can you believe it fell off today by itself on her 2 month birthday in Heaven??  I told Daniel that it was Hadley and Jesus that made that happen...I don't think I could have ever taken it off and they both knew they would have to do it for me :)

I want to end my post tonight with a poem that my Mom wrote the day Hadley went to Heaven.  It was put in her memorial card at the service that was given to everyone and it is absolutely perfect...I'm so grateful to my Mom for writing it. 

In His Arms
God Welcomes you, arms open wide
With Nonnie standing by his side,
Your precious smile lit up God's place
As Jesus knelt to kiss your face.

God places you in Nonnie's care
And leads her to a golden chair,
She gently whispers in your ear
"Oh sweet Hadley, Nonnie's here".

The Angels come to sing and coo
As baby wings are placed on you,
Forever we hold you in our heart
Our love for you will never part.

Heavenly Father, I am missing our sweet Hadley tonight.  I am so thankful she is in your precious care and that Nonnie is holding our angel.  I can't believe it has been 2 months since I held our precious gift, but I have realized tonight I am closer to being with You, Hadley, Nonnie, and other family and friends that are in your presence.  Each day brings me that much closer, and it's because of you that I will get to spend eternity with Hadley.  I am forever grateful to you.  You are my everything and I'm that much closer to you because of what you gave me 2 months ago.  Amen.

In Christ's Love,

No comments: