Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

We have had such a fun and BUSY weekend.

Friday night, Daniel, Briley, and I enjoyed some family time just the three of us.  We ate dinner at Logans (one of our favorites), did a little shopping, and ended our night with yummy snowcones!!  Here is a picture I took from the night with my phone...L.O.V.E. them.

Our Saturday started out early and didn't end until about 11 p.m.!!  I woke up early to get ready and finish making a few last minute items for a bridal shower my Mom and I were hosting with some other family.  My Mom's cousin, Ashley, is getting married in August and we were excited to be able to help give her a shower.  Briley tagged along as well because other little cousins would be there and several family members had not seen her since she was a baby so of course I had to get her all dressed up!!

Here was the invite I did for the shower...it was a Parisian theme!!  
(I blurred out the address, so ignore that part!!)
 Here is the decor we used for the main table...my Mom ordered petit fours, the cake to match the invite, and cupcakes for the desserts.  The table turned out so pretty!!
We also set up a table for family and friends to write out a marriage blessing for Ashley and Jason and the invite in a frame for her to take home!!
The beautiful bride-to-be with her family!!
Briley loved playing with her "cousins"!!

After the shower we rushed over to celebrate Briley's best friend, Elliott's 2nd birthday party!!  Not before we got in a little cat nap though!!
 I have mentioned my best friend, Tracy many times in my posts and how uber talented and crafty she is...well she definitely out did herself with Elliott's monster themed party.  I don't even know what to say about the decor except for WOW!!!

First a picture of the birthday girl...isn't her dress too cute???
Of course, Tracy made Briley a shirt to match her best friends party!!!
 Checking out the monster on her shirt!!
The amazing decor...
Isn't she amazing??  She is my go-to party planner and I have pretty much learned everything I know from her!!  Can't wait to maybe throw the girls a joint birthday party one year since their b-days are so close...I know it will be fantastic with Tracy planning it!!

Besides all the awesome decor...there was an adorable photo area with monster props for guests to pose with.  The kids LOVED this!!  We got some really cute shots!!
Could that cake be ANY cuter???
For the party favor what else could it be besides your very own monster??  All the kiddos got to create their own monster with different eyes, mouths, arms, hair, etc.  Our kids are the perfect age for this and they loved picking out different ways to make their monster!! 
 
Showing Daddy her monster!!
 Isn't he cute?!?!

You would think after that busy of a Saturday morning and afternoon we would be done right??  Nope!!  We headed to Plano with Daniel's dad and sister to look at a special present Daniel's dad was thinking of buying for the family...
Woohoo!!!!  We are so excited because he bought it and we can't wait for fun family time on the lake.  He is also looking to buy another one so we can all ride together!!  Briley kept calling it her motorcycle and wanted to get on it!!  Can't wait to make some fun memories with Daniel, Briley, Papa, and Auntie on this!!

We got home super late and Briley was so exhausted from the day but it was all worth it!!  

As for Sunday...Briley and I are still in our PJ's and plan to stay in them all day :) We might do a little cleaning later if I'm lucky.

Hope your weekend is treating you well!!

In Christ's Love,

1 comment:

Sara said...

Melissa,
It was a blessing to me to meet you at the MEND meeting in Dallas. You and Channon have been on my heart so often since last Thursday. I have been praying for you both. I can see from reading your blog that your faith is sooooo strong. He will continue to carry you through this all as you continue to miss your sweet Hadley and your mother in law... wow, how tough to have lost them both so close to the same time. Your blog is beautiful... I love the pictures of Briley... she is a doll... your love for both your sweet girls is so evident. I'll be praying for you!
Sara