Monday, May 9, 2011

Beautiful Weekend

I had the best weekend with my family.  We spent a lot of time together and it was just what I needed!!

Our Saturday started off busy but fun!!  Briley went with her Auntie and Papa to a birthday party and I was able to run a few errands toddler free.  It's amazing how much you can get done when you're alone :)
My Sweet girl looking so big!!
Fun with Auntie at the birthday party!!
She loves her Pizza!!
We headed from one birthday party to another.  The second one was for my Great-Grandmother on my Dad's side.  She was turning 94!!!  Get this...she still drives!!!  She is such a classy lady and I love this picture with her and Briley.  Definitely a picture I will treasure for many years to come.
Briley and her Great-Great Grandmother!!
My sweet family at the party
Saturday night, Daniel and his sister went to the Ranger game and Briley and I went to spend a little time with her Gigi and Mega (my mom and grandmother).  We had the best time just letting Briley play and then going to dinner. 

When we woke up Sunday morning we celebrated Mother's Day just the three of us before heading to church.  Briley came into the living room saying "happy day" to me and carrying the gifts they had bought me.  The next couple pictures are of me opening gifts...I'm teary-eyed in a couple and you will see why when you scroll down...
Daniel had framed a beautiful poem with Briley's hand print and Hadley's hand print around it.  It is amazing.  I can't believe he was so creative and it meant more to me than I can explain.  We haven't shared Hadley's picture yet, but plan to eventually.  As you can tell from the hand prints below, she was so very small, but the print she left on our hearts was so very big.  I am so thankful to my husband for doing this for me and for our family!!  
I also received my new charm bracelet with new charms on it and an absolutely beautiful rose ring that I have been eyeing from James Avery.  I was definitely spoiled this Mother's Day!!
Isn't it so pretty???
Before church we had to snap a few pictures of course!!
My precious family
After church we headed to my Mom's for lunch and to give her, her Mother's Day gift.  We had a great time taking pictures.  I love getting pictures of Briley, with me, my Mom, and my Grandmother.  Nothing like 4 generations of women in a picture!!
My beautiful Mother...I am so blessed to be her daughter!!
Giving Gigi her presents!!
The pearl ring we gave my Mom...also from James Avery :)
After spending time with my Mom, we went to see Daniel's Mom and Hadley at the cemetery, with my sister-in-law and Father-in-law.  It has been a hard week for all of us with my Mother-in-law's birthday this past week and Mother's Day the following weekend, but we talked while we were there about how we make it through because of Him and because of each other!!
We met Daniel's Grandma (Tammie's Mom) and Pop for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with her.  We had such a great time laughing at Briley at dinner.  She loved to dip her chips in the queso!!  Just like her Mommy!!
Grandma and Briley
Hugs for Grandma
I ended my Mother's Day with seeing the adorable movie, Something Borrowed, with my Mom and sister-in-law.  We had such a great time!!  We went to the 9:40 movie and I didn't get home until midnight but it was so worth it.  I know this Mother's Day was really hard for Mariah and I couldn't think of a better way to end it then with her and my Mom!!  If you haven't seen the movie I definitely recommend it but the book is even better!!  Emily Giffin is the author and there is actually a sequel, Something Blue, that my Mom and I are praying they make a movie into.  If you are looking for a fun summer read, they are great!!

As you can tell, we had a beautiful weekend.  My pain is still so fresh...it has been 10 weeks since I touched those precious fingertips that made that handprint, but I am still her Mom and I always will be.  

God has blessed me with 2 beautiful daughters...one here and one in Heaven with Him.  I am so grateful that he picked me to be their Mom.  What a precious gift he has given me!!  I give all the glory to Him!!

In Christ's Love,

No comments: