Saturday, May 7, 2011

Treasures in Heaven

I'm grieving hard this weekend.  I'm not uncontrollably crying or screaming.  I'm just hurting extremely hard inside.  I miss Hadley so much. 

I came across this bible verse the other day and it really got me thinking...

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." -Matthew 6:20

My treasure is most definitely in Heaven and absolutely nothing can harm her.   That is so comforting for me when my grief and pain is so strong.  I am so humbled by God and how He is taking care of my treasure and allowing me to one day spend eternity with her and the rest of my family.

Since Hadley went to Heaven I have also gone back to this verse in my bible over and over again...

"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." -Psalm 139:16

He knew Hadley would be one of my treasures in Heaven before I was even born!!  Isn't that amazing??  He knows absolutely everything about my life because He gave me life.  I was able to hold Hadley on that precious night in February, and now she is being held and treasured by Jesus.

Isn't it amazing how God can lessen our pain by simply loving us?  

Hadley is my glimpse of Heaven and I can't wait to hold my treasure again.

In Christ's Love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your faith and trust in Gods word is very encouraging and inspiring. I pray God will give you the comfort you need as your hurting. Sending a big hug your way!

Traci said...

A beautiful treasure, indeed. The grief comes in waves ... Seems to peak every 3 months for the first year or so and then holidays like Mother's Day can certainly trigger the heart. You are a mommy to 2 beautiful girls and it's okay to "selfishly" want them both with you - even if you KNOW Hadley is safe in Jesus's arms! Gentle hugs and thoughts your way!